Friday, October 21, 2011

Yaaaaawn...and liquor

No, I'm not giving up on this whole blogging thing just yet. I told y'all, it's fun! I'm just reeeeeeally tired tonight. Totally in zombie mom mode. Which is weird. I mean, it feels like it has been the longest, most draining day. But it wasn't really that bad of a day. Go figure.

On another note, I think I see a trip to Tupelo taking shape sometime this weekend. Jeff and Bryce both need pants. That's my excuse. The real reason for my trip-and please, if you are law enforcement, stop reading-is that I live in a dry county.

For my non-Southern friends: imagine a place where no alcohol can be sold. Period. But just across county lines, any alcohol you want can be bought. Ridiculous, huh? But it does exist. In my opinion, it is not the brightest thing in the world to do. I mean, what else could induce a thirty one year old mother of three to so willingly want to break the law? Seems to cause much more harm than good. At any rate, I'd like a drink. More than that, I deserve it.

Now I am not a drunk, don't get me wrong. I grew up in a household with one, and I rarely even drink because I worry about having inherited that addictive personality. And I've come too far to see what we've built falter. But here are the facts (ma'am):

My baby is now 3 1/2 months old. That means that when you take into account a nine month pregnancy, it's been over a year since I have had any alcohol cross my lips. Other than mouthwash but really, I seriously don't think that counts. This is why I feel like I deserve this drink, what this rash sense of entitlement stems from.

But notice I said "drink", as in singular. I don't want to get slap happy drunk for the reasons above, but also because I am broke. Alcohol is a luxury that we can rarely afford, and must be savored over several weeks or even months. But mainly, because I am that thirty one year old mother of three. Three young, impressionable, little sponges. Believe it or not, I do *try* to be someone they can look up to. So that one, tall, ice cold rum and coke is calling my name.

*begins to salivate*

And probably a quick trip to Outback for a curbside pickup of a bloomin' onion and bread. Screw the steak, that's all I really want!

*salivation turns to outright drooling*

Ok, I gotta stop before I get up and head to the kitchen. I already had a bowl of crunch berries tonight. Dang sweet tooth.

Well, would you look at that? I guess I wasn't too tired to blog, after all. Yay, go me :)




Follow me, I'll be your best friend (on Twitter, IRL, whatever!) @mrsjeffgray2002

No comments:

Post a Comment