Friday, January 13, 2012

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza

Well, I tried out another new recipe last night. And this time I even had a guinea pig other than Jeff :)

My best friend and I each have three small children. Granted, she only lives a mile down the road from me, but it's just difficult to get together sometimes, especially with all the holiday rush. So, since it was January 12th yesterday, we decided we probably ought to get together and do our Christmas. Time to test my newest recipe!

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza. OMGAH. The title even contains all of my favorite things. It makes you salivate just to read it. (Well, it does me, anyway.) As I write this, I'm totally having it for breakfast, because I doubled the recipe and had a crap ton left over. So, easy, and cheap pizza that sounds like it was sent from the gods. Here we go.

SN: It's amazing how four older kids can entertain themselves sometimes. Carly and I actually got to hang out in the kitchen and cook!

You will need: (for a single pizza-I made two)

1 canned pizza dough
1/4 c Ranch dressing (I used a little extra)
1 c shredded mozzarella (again, extra cheese never hurts anyone!)
1 c shredded cheddar
1-2 cooked chicken breasts, bite-size pieces
6 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon (I'm lazy-I bought a bag of already crumbled)
1 diced tomato
1-4 c (or more) sliced black olives (or really, whatever veggies you like)

1. Preheat oven to 450. Grease the bottom of a baking sheet with Crisco or oil of some sort. Shape the pizza dough (which is conveniently already square) to fit the sheet.

2. Put all that crap up there on it in this order: (leave yourself about a 1/2-1 inch border of dough around the sides)
           *Dough (duh)
           *Ranch dressing
           *Cheddar cheese
           *Veggies
           *Bacon
           *Mozzarella cheese

This is what it looked like before cooking: (I should also mention, at this point, that Carly and I decided that even if the crust or something sucked, the toppings alone would be worth eating. And they were, ohmigosh, they were...)



So, onto the rest.

3. Put pizza in oven, will need to cook about 15-20 minutes. The crust doesn't take that long to cook and the cheese gets yummy melty bubbly fairly quick. You just want to take a spatula and check to make sure that the bottom has browned nicely.


Finished Product

And you're done. Your house should smell divine, and your husband/s.o./whatever should do a double take when they taste it. In other words, this recipe was very well-received by my peoples, lol. Fairly quick, easy, cheap (having most of the ingredients already) and oh-so-tasty.

Here's what I'm planning for dinner next week: ***subject to change, lol

M: Cheese, chicken, and bean quesadillas with homemade knock-off Chili's salsa
T: "Almost" Lasagna (store-bought garlic bread), Fanta Strawberry cupcakes
W: Pepperoni Rolls and salad (store-bought salad)
Th: Homemade Chinese: Sweet/sour chicken and fried rice
F: Crockpot chicken and apple cheddar bread

Whoa-that looks really ambitious now that I've typed it, so we'll see :) Whatever, I'm MARTHA FREAKING STEWART, hear me roar!

In case you're wondering, plain old soy sauce pork chops tonight.

Oh, and a last little happy-this is my son Dylan and his girlfriend, Lilli Kate. They are so getting married in about 25 years. Me and her momma have it all planned out. Catch you all later!


Twitter: @mrsjeffgray2002
Facebook: Roxanne Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment